Monday, October 4, 2010

ITS MONDAY RAWR!!!....again

How many times have you heard or said to yourself "Alright, I'll start on Monday"? I know its probably coming out of my mouth by Wednesday every week lol. Thank you all so much for your comments on my last post. It gave me a LOT to think about this weekend and something tells me today is a different Monday :) I'm going to spend this post laying out my new goals and responding to the comments that got me thinking a lot about myself and my life.

Dr. J- I'm going to be honest, when I first read your comment I was like "Who the ef is this jerk?". I stopped right there say in my chair and thought.."Why did I just react like that to someone whose trying ot help me?" So because of that initial distain i felt I analyzed your post the most and I am so grateful for your response.
You can waste your time over thinking all this fat person stuff, or you can do the hard work that you will need to do to not be obese. You dug a hole for yourself when you first became obese.
This is something I NEEDED to hear. I constantly over think everything rather than just MANing up and getting shit done.

Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit
- I apreciate your honesty and your post as well struck a chord that needed to be. This
It's that "all or nothing" mentality that can get us in trouble sometimes, but it sometimes helps me to think of the process instead of the goal, to focus on the next step down the road instead of that spot on top of the mountain.
is PERFECT. You are absolutely right and this is something I will be expanding a bit more on later in the post.

To all the other Commenters, THANK YOU all so very much. As you can see I have a very modest follwoing (my mom lol) and now a few more have decided to join her. Your comments have been read many times and all critiques and compliments heard and taken too heart. I hope to have you all stay on board with me while I try this again.


The Plan: I came to the realization this last week that I need a change in my life and its not necesarily who I am now, but where I am going. All my life I have been nicknamed "Dr. Phil" by people who know me because I'm always trying to listen and help people understand why they feel a certain way and blah blah. I love helping people. I love how the mind works and am so curious to learn more that I am changing my Major from Computer Science to Psychology. I dont know what I want to do with it, but I know its something I want, I can feel it in my gut. I will be attempting to make it in to the University of Oregon after the next two semesters at the Solano JC. I'm in the process of setting up The Master Plan to achieve this goal and I am ready to lose myself in something that I know is MINE and mine alone. I'd like to thank My Mom for always supporting me in whatever path I've chosen to walk. I know Dad and Step mom will be right there too in their own way, but we both know Its better to lay out the plan first to show them how serious I am about this.

Now, How am I going to get myself healthy again Physically and Mentally? First I am going to admit something. I've been here before,I've fought this battle and I have won. I lost 117 lbs at one point. This is a NEW fight with more enemies and I am ready. I will stop beating myself down for "letting myself go". Life Happens either I continue to do the same things and get the same results or I stop my bitching and Man up. I accept that it will not happen in a week, month, or maybe even a Year, but it WILL happen. One day at a time, just like life. I am not happy with how I feel about myself and thats OK. It doesnt make me less of a person, the fact I'm not happy and do nothing about it does. I am a fighter and can do anything I set my mind too and this is how I will prove it. So, now every monday instead of setting my mind to "Alright lets lose all that weight!" I will be posting a blog with my goals for the week ahead. Small ones, big ones, it doesnt matter they will be obtainable and I will follow with a post on Saturday to let everyone (and myself) know just how well I did with them. This way I feel held accountable for my goals and not just be like, oh well next week. I will also be weighing in every monday morning at the Gym. This will start next week because I had a tooth pulled on Friday and am not allowed to work out again until Wednesday.

Goals:
Go to the Gym 4-5 days this week. (W,Th,F,S,Sn)for a minimum of 45 min
No Eating after 9pm (I usually binge after this hour so it will be a tough one)
Get 7 hours of sleep every night( I wake up early 5/7 days of the week)

See you all Saturday! (maybe earlier if I feel like talking)

4 comments:

  1. “One day at a time--this is enough. Do not look back and grieve over the past for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has not yet come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful it will be worth remembering.”

    thanks for hearing me out tonight. i'm glad someone else is on this journey. you'll succeed. take it one day at a time and forget about where you were. this journey is new, so let it unfold as it will...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fighter and can do anything I set my mind too and this is how I will prove it.

    YES YOU ARE! Prove me RIGHT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a great plan! I loved what you said about Mondays (and Wednesdays). That's totally been my pattern for months now.
    I'm sticking with you and look forward to reading your next post.
    I'm thrilled that you're studying psychology. There is much you will do with it as you are already a thoughtful and introspective person who wants to help others. Might as well make a career of it.
    Good luck with your workouts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reply!

    I'm only a jerk 10% of the time now which I think is an accomplishment :-)

    I try to tell people what they need to hear as it is what I have wanted in my life. I do the same with myself, and if I don't like my advice, I know I'm on the right track. If it was easy, we would have already done it.

    Best!

    Dr. J

    ReplyDelete