Saturday, October 9, 2010

Dark consumes the Light...

On Monday I set some goals for myself to acomplish during the week. Well,I only have the possibility to complete one of them. 2 Nights I have eaten after 9 and I've gotten 5 hours of sleep the last 2 nights. So that leaves me with the gym. I had a hard time with getting myself there yesterday and it was for a reason I really havent noticed or had before. as I analyzed it more and more it really got me thinking about some of the Beasts that consume our minds.

There are things in everyday life that can stop any weight loss momentum dead in its tracks. You say, what could be so awful to set someone astray like that. Some are blind and for them ignorance is bliss, but for the rest of us, here are some demons I want to confront right now.

The Mirror- I hate that you have the ability to make me feel bad. I go to the gym to get in shape and change my body, but all you do is throw it in my face how far I have fallen. I can't even use a machine without you glaring at my bulge of fat under my shirt. I cant use the elyptical without you staring at my man boobs. Not anymore. I will not let you own me anymore. Try and I have a nice Rock to show you where the ground is ;)

The Photo album- You tarnish my memories by reminding me of what I look like to other people. Or atleast how I Perceive they see me. I want to be able to look at you and not feel ashamed

Moving on...
This week has been less than perfect when it comes to the goals I had set last Monday. I ate after 9 twice, I didnt get the Sleep I wanted..However, after this afternoon I will have made it to the Gym 4 days so woohoo for that! The best part of my week came friday night. My parents bought Pizza for dinner and if I havent mentioned it before. It seems no matter how good I do, Pizza nad Burritos are my Kryptonite. When they offered I declined (while my insides screamed ZOMG yesssssssss) The next 2 hours in my room were awful. I was arguing with myself so much I couldnt even focus on my homework...So...I eventually caved and went and ate 2 pieces. Usually this is were I Binge...I feel guilty for breaking so I proceed to consume everything I can...This time was different. I made a deal with myself,"Ok, So the pizza is going to win and you can eat it, but take it to your room and dont come out" I did. After talking to a friend about it yesterday I felt really proud of myself which carried over into last night. It was late again, I could feel the Urge coming. I went to the car to get my clothes for work...I start to walk towards the fridge, but instead I yell in my head STOP!! Went into my room and played video games before falling asleep.

Because of that, I feel stronger today.

Not too many words of wisdom today, but I'll leave you with a couple sayings.

Appreciate the Little things.

Hoping and Wishing are for people who are ok with Failure. To succeed, Just Do.


Stats:
Weight: 264 (as of Monday 10/4)
Bench: 295
Squat:N/A
Mile: N/A

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Yes, appreciate the little things. Each tiny step, no matter how small, will get you to where you want to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO PROUD! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard this put in a really nice, almost poetic way, but I can't remember exactly... the gist is that the more you resist, the stronger that resistance "muscle" becomes. It gets easier. Maybe because of the memory of how good it feels to be in control of our choices and not driven (seemingly uncontrollably) to do what we are screaming in our heads not to do. By the same token, the more we cave in, the easier it is to cave in. So, you're on your way to building a great foundation for resistance, and kicking that mirror's ass!
    You know, I think it was in the Beck Diet Solution book. It's really good if you like to read for ideas and support.

    ReplyDelete