Friday, September 17, 2010

Week 2 NFL Picks

Overall: 8-8

Well week one didnt go as well as I had hoped, but I also understand that you never really know where teams stand until its Game time. So hopefully this week I can do better than .500 and start moving myself back up the way I expect.


Buf Vs GB
Pick: GB

I still think the Green Bay is the best team in the NFC overall right now. They play Great defense and the Offense can score at anytime. Aaron Rodgers was lack luster in last weeks start against a good Philidelphia defense. Buffalo has an ok D, but Zero offense. CJ Spiller will be ineffective against GB just like he was last week. With Ryan Grant out they will ahve to rely on Aarons arm and their WR core. GB moves to 2-0

MIA Vs MIN.
Pick: Min

This is a tough pick for me right now. Minnesota has glarying weaknesses going into this game that really do worry me. Their lack of Depth at DB could prove to be a problem with Brandon Marshall, Davon Bess, and Bret Heartline. Pair that with their WR corp being diminished to Berrian and Camarillo ( Maybe Harvin) and it could be 0-2 for the Purple dudes. The reasons I go win Min are #4 and #28. I dont see them allowing the team go to the bottom of the NFC North.

KC vs CLE
pick: KC

Jamaal Charles and Dexter McCluster seem to have Revived this franchise with some positive energy and explosion. The Coaching Staff is doing a great job over there. Cle is well..Cle. Thats really all I can say.

Chi vs Dal
Pick: Dal

Chicago almost lost the the Lions. The only reason they didnt was 2 TD passes to Matt Forte. Dallas' defense wont allow that dump off crap. The only way I see Chicago winning is if they dominate the Line of scrimmage on defense. They didnt do it vs Det and I dont see it happening Vs a much better Dallas team

ARI VS ATL
Pick: ATL

This will all depend on how the Falcons respond to their loss against Pitt. They out match the Cardinals on Defense, but they both have high powered offenses. If the Falcons D shows up to play and can put enough pressure on Derek Andersen they will improve to 1-1

TB vs CAR
Pick: Car

Tampa played decent enough in their home opener, but it seemed to me that Cleveland beat themselves more than TB did. Carolina put too much on Matt Moore in the first game and it showed with 3 picks inside the red zone. I'm looking for a Steady dose of Deangelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart to grind out a hard nose win.

PHI vs DET
Pick: Phi

Philly almost came back and beat the Packers last week once Mike Vick ran the show. If he wasn't down 20-3 when he got the rock they very well may have won. I'm excited to see Sick Vick in Action. I dont see the Lions putting up much of fight to be honest.

Bal Vs Cin.
Pick: Bal

After the hurt they put on the Jets last week I dont see the Ravens slowing down anytime soon. The Bengals got beat by what in my opinion is a lesser Patriots Defense. Again my concern with he Ravens Defense is their secondary, but if they put pressure on Palmer with their front 7 it wont matter much.

Pit Vs Ten
Pick: Pit

This is kind of an interesting Match up to me. Similar QB styles in V.Young and D. Dixon, Good RB's on both sides and fast defenses. I give the nod to the Steelers because I think they will be able to "contain" CJ and wont give up the big plays over the top with Troy Polamalu looking like he's in top shape.

Sea vs Den.
Pick: Seattle

I'm impressed with what Pete Carrol has done up there. I was not impressed with how Denver played in Jacksonville and I think Sea is a better team. The only way I see them winning is if they get their ground game going and can get some pressure on Matt Hasselbeck. However, it will be the Seahawks who chew up the yardage on the ground and get some good play out of their Defense.

Stl Vs OAK
Pick: OAK

Even though they got pounded in the opener I think the Raiders bounce back against a lesser opponent in the Rams. If the rams think they will throw 53 times against they are in for a rude awakeing. If they are to beat oakland it will have to be with Stephen Jackson. However, inspite of Chris Johnsons 142 yard rushing their rush defense is Much improved. They limited CJ to 66 yars on 25 carries if you take away his 76 yard scamper. Thats something would not have happened last year.

Hou Vs Was.
Pick: Houston

Romo lit up the Washington defense for over 300 yards and a TD. Houston can do better, they will lean on Arian Foster again. The Cowboys averaged 4.4 yards a carry, but just did not stick the ground Game. I like thie Houston team and I think they will hand Was their first loss of the season.

NE vs NYJ
Pick: NE

Yes the Jets made some big offseason moves and have a very good defense. However, they only have 1 Derel Revis. The Pats score, plain and simple. Tom Brady will find the open check down if he's rushed and It looks like the Jets Rookie DB isnt ready for the show yet. Welker will abuse him all game if needed. 0-2 for the self proclaimed "Champs"

JAc Vs SD
Pick: SD

The Sand Diego offense sturggled in the rain last week and seemed out of sync a bit. Another week of practice and some adjustments and I think Rivers rights this ship. Jax played a good game against a mediocre Broncos team and did good enough to win. MJD and Mercedes Lewis will need to show up for the Jaguars to have a chance.

NYG vs IND
Pick: IND

Peyton won't lose 2 in a row. I just cant imagine that happening. They will need to tighten down on their Run defense and contain Bradshaw and Jacobs or the Colts could be looking at their first 0-2 start since Peytons rookie season.

NO vs SF
Pick: NO

Who dat comes to the bay and will leave 2-0. The seahawks exploiting what seems to be a weak SF secondary and I expect Drew Brees to do the same. For the forty niners to have a shot at this Alex Smith will need to play like a stud. Which I do not see happening at all. The Niners front 7 is as good as any in the league, but it means jack if they can't get to the QB in passing situations.

No comments:

Post a Comment